Mascara Mission: Part 1

Runny, smudging, clumping mascara - we've all been there. We put on mascara in the morning, hoping it'll last at least until noon or hoping it won't need a touch up. Even some mascaras that claim to be waterproof can't stand the test of time. So why settle for anything less than the best?
I'm on a mission to find good decent mascara. I've tried so many different kinds of mascara... from cheap to expensive. Every mascara has its goods and bad. But is there one mascara that does it all? Well, I do have some favorites and some I would never use again. For the first part of my mission, I've chosen...

Lancome's Definicils High Definition

What it's suppose to do?

  • This mascara has been named the best-selling mascara. It's suppose to provide the ultimate in shaping and separation. Patented brush coats each lash, from base to tip, for superb definition. Ophthalmologist-tested. Fragrance-Free. Suitable for contact lens wearers.

What was my opinion?

  • Pros: It was very natural looking. Good on the extending and separation. I tried the darkest black they had... and it was very dark. Stays on and comes off easy.
  • Cons: Not enough thickening... not enough drama. More expensive than others.

  • Okay, it seems a lot of people love Lancome's Definicil. I heard it was considered one of the best mascaras out there. So, I had to try it myself. It is a good mascara. But its a little pricey. I bought mine at Macy's... after tax it was almost $25. After I bought it I checked prices online, the cheapest I found was on amazon for $16.99.
  • This mascara was very good at lengthening with a natural look. But I prefer a more dramatic almost fasle eyelash look. I did not get that with this product. Well, I guess there are certain times and occasions when I want a less noticeable and natural look (like to church or somewhere where you want to look like you don't have any mascara on). Overall, it does the job at lengthening and separating and it darkens the lash. But that is with more than one coat.

Well, there goes $25 on another tube of mascara. I hope my next mission will be less expensive.

No comments: