Everyday is a Good Hair Day with a Flat Iron

I wish I could say I am one of those girls who don't need to use a flat iron. Ha, and I am not the typical asian girl who has what they call it "get up and go" hair. Sorry to say, the rumor is not true, not all asians have "get up and go" hair. I think everyone is born with different hair texture... no matter the race.

How long does it take for me to do my hair?

  • Well, we do need time to do our hair to make it look presentable. In my case, I have really thick hair that will get frizzy and poofy... I at least need 30 minutes to dry (air dry and blow dry) and about 10 minutes to straighten it with a flat iron. And if I have to curl my hair, add on another 20 + minutes. My sisters, on the other hand, they are lucky to have the "get up and go" hair. They can go without using any hair tools. (Photo: my sisters) Both my parents have manageable hair. Out of the whole family of seven, its my brother Cheng and I who has the type of hair that needs to be managed. But his hair is short enough where he doesn't always need to do his hair. Lucky for him. Okay, getting back to the blog subject... flat irons...

Flat Irons?

  • We all know that any hair tools were designed to style and make our hair look better. And we all know that , if used too often, damage will be done.
  • Flat irons should only be used on hair that's been thoroughly dried. I suggest one with a ceramic plate and not a metal one. They diffuse heat better and result in less damage.

How do I prep my hair before using a flat iron?

  • When damp, I like to use a hair product that protects the hair from heat.
  • I either air dry or use a blow dryer to dry it... depends on how much time I have.When dry, I usually add a little bit more serum to help weigh my hair down. I don't always use hair products but they do help.

How to straighten hair?

  • When I'm short on time, I just insert about a section of 2 inches of hair between the plates, then squeeze the handle and gently glide through hair from the roots to the end. And I continue around until I get the soft smooth look I am looking for.
  • But if I have more time, I like to section my hair in clips. This takes a little bit more time but you'll see a difference. I start with the bottom layer of hair, clipping the top portion with a claw clip. After running the flat iron through the bottom layer, I unclip the claw and let down another layer and/or section of hair. And I continue this until all layers of hair is done.

Can you curl your hair with a flat iron?

  • Yes! Believe it or not, it actually takes less time than a curling iron. And the best part is that the curls last longer! Look below for a picture.
What flat iron do I use?
  • PHI Beauty's PHI Ionic Flat Iron.



What it's suppose to do?

  • The PHI Professional flat iron is powered with ionic flat iron technology, making this ceramic flat iron one of the best on the market today, straightening even the toughest of hair. The PHI Professional flat iron conducts heat and retains it more effectively, allowing this hair flat iron to seal the hair's moisture quickly to smooth and hydrate the hair.

How do I like it?

  • I can't live without it. It heats up fast and works well. Good at straightening and curling. Leaves my hair silky shiny. Here is a photo of my rommmate and I... we both used the PHI pink ionic flat iron. She used it to straighten her hair while mine was curled. And best of all, the flat iron is affordable! Good priced for something that works well.































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Anonymous said...

Very useful information and also with nice hair tool.
Love to share with my friends.

thanks for sharing.
hair care

Anonymous said...

fact hyperlinks deepti nursestower erbitux amylin petitioning costumes landlocked pkfga facie
lolikneri havaqatsu