Gotta Love MAC : Foundation

I know I'm not the only one when I say that... I love MAC cosmetics! Not only do they have wonderful products but wonderful service. I've been to various MAC locations in Wisconsin, New York, Illinois, North Carolina, Minnesota... and they were all good experiences.


The current MAC foundation I am using is...


MAC FOUNDATION: STUDIO FIX


What it is suppose to do?

  • Well, according to the Mac Cosmetic website (http://www.maccosmetics.com/): the Studio Fix is a powder and foundation in one that combines good coverage with ease of application. Designed to be used dry, the powder and pigments create a matte, velvety texture. It contains Silica, which helps to maintain a matte finish by absorbing oils on the skin, as well as Talc to provide a smoother, less reflective, matte finish. The talc has been milled to a microscopic size to provide a beautiful texture while allowing the skin to breathe. This product is long-wearing. It is available in a wide range of colours. It can be applied with a brush, sponge, or a powder puff.

What was my opinion?

  • I love it! I have more than one powder foundation that I use. Well, at all different times. This product works great. I naturally have redness on my cheeks and this foundation does a great job of covering it up. The coverage is light and easy to apply. I either use a sponge or a foundation brush for application. My skin is combination and I use it all over my face. I also use it for touch ups.
  • It is a little on the dry side. But I use it right after applying moisturizer and it works fine. But make sure your moisturizer drys first before applying!
  • There are so many different shades. So, there is a shade for everyone. One thing I liked was that the Mac consultants always choose the right shade for me. They do a good job of matching with my natural skin tone.
  • Its oil free!
  • It does a good job lasting all day. Although, be careful if you're wearing white... it will smear on your whites or lights.
  • Oh yeah, don't drop it! It will crumble.

I usually buy this product at Mac counters at Macy's or Belk's. After taxes, the compact is roughly $30. I think its worth it... gotta love MAC!


No comments: